• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Road Trip Kit

nibroc

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to embark on a fishing trip to northern Saskatchewan. It will have a total of 300 miles of gravel road (used loosely) to the lake. What would you take for spare parts and fluids etc. if you were going. Sorry XJ (94) is already full.

Spare CPS
Radiator StopLeak
Radiator Hose Bandage
Oil/Filter/Gear Lube/ATF
Bailing wire
Solar Battery Charger or crank charger
Set of spark plugs
Fuses
Welding rod
Battery Cables
Propane torch
Alumaweld rod

Beer

(you said "fluids")

Beer and athother assorted liquids in that catagory are taken care of. Just have to make sure I have room for the emergency extras. By the way how many cases of beer would fit in the back of a XJ with seat up???

My road trip kit, which goes between the wife 94 Chrysler or my Cherokee, which ever is driven that trip:

Water (drinking)
MRE's
Oil
Trany Fluid
Coolant mix
Blankets (for the kids)
Pillows (for the kids)
Power steering fluid
Some small diameter P.S. Hose to fix minor hose leaks
Electrical Tape
First Aid Kit
Cellphone (We always carry it on our person)

nibroc said:
Beer and athother assorted liquids in that catagory are taken care of. Just have to make sure I have room for the emergency extras. By the way how many cases of beer would fit in the back of a XJ with seat up???

is this a trivia question? I like beer trivia....

to the top of the seat, i'd guess 25 cases...

don't forget 5 or 10 gallons of gas... and something to plug a small hole in the gas tank.

spare ECU, I dunno if anybody carries one of those.

Back