• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Place for a Tune-Up in the South Bay

CJCOffroad

NAXJA Forum User
Basically what the title says. I'm trying to find somebody in the South Bay area who may have experience with the jeep motor. I would do it myself but am busy with school.
thanks

I know you said you don't have much time. But seriously, you'd spend more time dropping your Jeep off at a shop than doing the work yourself with a couple of friends.

What did you want done? Plugs, cap, rotor, wires. Anything else?

What he said (^^^.)

Honestly, it's not that difficult to do a tuneup on a 4.0L - the engine isn't jammed in sidewise, and you can reach everything fairly easily. I've done tuneups in between classes myself, and I've done them on lunch breaks (leaving plenty of time to eat lunch.)

Unless you're going to get silly; plugs, rotor, cap, and wires takes about 15 minutes. Add 10-15 more if you're going to change the air filter and the fuel filter. Weave in another 10 minutes if you're going to change your oil as well (and you can let it drain while you're doing other things - so it would really only add about two minutes - to change the filters - and another five or so - to dump in the oil - overall.) Should easily be doable in under an hour - has been for me.

Isn't it different on an '00? I thought it would be harder on an '00. So I figured it would be easier to have someone experienced do it.

Even easier. No plug wires or distributor rotor to change.

Back