• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bitten by the Spring Mod Bug

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
I been dying to get started and mother nature finally cooperated. I got my fenders trimmed and the quarters,bumpers and rockers bedlined. Also installed the pre 96 bumper end caps front and rear.

100_3689.jpg

100_3690.jpg

100_3692.jpg

Pretty happy with it.

Looks good

jdurbach said:
How do you like those kuhmos?

x2, 33x12.5x16 were unavailable when I was looking, someone also told me the tread depth isn't great, cooper stt's will have to do

"where did you get those clear turn signals/running lights"
I bought them from Ebay

"Looks nice, what bedliner material did you use? How much prep time? Did you have to strip the old paint?"

I used Duplicolor Aerosol spray, Its all in how you prep it. Wipe the surface down with acetone or wax and grease remover, sand thoroughly with 100 grit sandpaper, went back over the whole thing then with a maroon 3m scuff pad. Wiped it down again with wax and grease remover.

" how do you have your CB antenna mounted?"
It was homebuilt by a former NAXJA jeeper who no longer is making them.

"How do you like those kuhmos?"
I love them, yes the tread is a bit thinner new then others, swo far been awesome.

The side molding glue sucked, but used acetone to soften it and just keep working at it.

The hook is made from an industrial conveyer hook,welded up by a friend.

Thanks for the compliments as well.

Albino Krikit said:
im likin the hook on the rear that is sweet

I'm thinking it would hit hard dropping off a rock ledge.

The rig looks great, just put the hook in when needed.

I've been looking into those tires for a long time, but 15/32's starting depth is is just biting away at me! How many miles do you have on them/how are they wearing?

I think alot of us have been bitten--I wish it was only in the Spring(not really, lol).

Back