• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Get lucky or get 4.0

trucksgottaheXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am a lousy mechanic. I'm careless, sloppy, cash straped, ill equipped, often intoxicated, the list goes on. I changed the water pump on my wifes xj on Thursday and today, Sunday she complained that the sucker stalled on her. The lower radiator hose blew off, probably because I filled it with water and it boiled. I seriously thought the motor was cooked (I called the father in law for a heads up on a co-sign) She has been driving the truck around town for three days with no goddamn coolant. Name me another car that can take that kind of abuse with NO HEAD WARPAGE NO BLOCK SPLITAGE . 4.0 for the MFW.

Yeah they are pretty tough monsters. When I did the coolant flush after inheriting the beater I found the heater control was blocked solid and the trapped air was keeping coolant from circulating through the upper half of the engine. It looked like it had been that way for a long time. I freaked out at first but that was a few months ago and there has been no sign of trouble or anything. She's running rock solid.

my mechanic used to say they stopped building the xj engine cause they weren't making money cause it lasted so long

trucksgottaheXJ said:
I am a lousy mechanic. I'm careless, sloppy, cash straped, ill equipped, often intoxicated, the list goes on. I changed the water pump on my wifes xj on Thursday and today, Sunday she complained that the sucker stalled on her. The lower radiator hose blew off, probably because I filled it with water and it boiled. I seriously thought the motor was cooked (I called the father in law for a heads up on a co-sign) She has been driving the truck around town for three days with no goddamn coolant. Name me another car that can take that kind of abuse with NO HEAD WARPAGE NO BLOCK SPLITAGE . 4.0 for the MFW.
THAT Is one if the funniest posts I've read in a while...I had to pause for the laughter after the first line...:viking:

trucksgottaheXJ said:
I am a lousy mechanic. I'm careless, sloppy, cash straped, ill equipped, often intoxicated, the list goes on.

HA!

Back