• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone do bastard pack w/o s-10 main leaf

rmm727

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out their do a bastard leaf pack without using the main leaf from an s-10. I put one side together and it seems like it would give me about 2.5 inches of lift but I'm curious as to how much it will drop when their on the vehicle.

yeah i built a bastard pack for a friend using the second leaf out of a 4wd s-10 pack, netted about 3 inches exactly. seems to be holding up well, i just added it to the xj pack and it continues to flex well too

Is that 3" with just the second S10 leaf or second and third. I want about 3.5" and am thinking XJ main leaf, S10 second leaf and S10 bottom leaf.

The amount of lift depends on how old the springs are and if they came off of an s10 or a blazer (I assume you are reffering to a pickup) I believe I have heard of it being 3" with all of the leaves.

Btw- I have a set of s10 springs if someone wants to PM me an offer.

Mine are from a fairly low mileage 4X4 S10 pickup. The pack was three leafs plus and overload leaf and seemed very, very stiff with about 7" of arch with no weight on them.

You get 3.5-4" with the 2nd and 3rd from a S10 pickup(thats with the lower 2 XJ leafs).With the main you get 5.5-6".The best ones are the later model(93+ I think)They have the nice spring retainers.

OlyWa

rmm727 said:
Anyone out their do a bastard leaf pack without using the main leaf from an s-10. I put one side together and it seems like it would give me about 2.5 inches of lift but I'm curious as to how much it will drop when their on the vehicle.

Might try here

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50083&highlight=bastard+pack

or here ... Definately read Goatman's hints for flexy leafs. It is the second post in this thread

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23381&highlight=dakota+lift

or here

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57737&highlight=sucessful+dakota+lift

for some clues....

One extra xj main leaf will net 2-2.5" lift

jrsxj98 said:
ahhh someone who knows how to search....that is a rare breed.

I get a kick out of you guys. The first 5 or some people to reply to my post generally helped me and I thanks them. Then I get link to threads about dakota leaf packs. I have s-10 leafs, not dakota ones. Thanks for the smart mouth comment on searching, since the search engine works so well.

Bastard packs are bastard packs. if you want a direct bolt in solution dont use them. besides your title says w/o S10. hmmm maybe that is why you got links to dakota and other packs.

maybe I need to apologize. My intent was to use the 2 lower s-10 leafs and the overload beneath a xj main leaf instead of the entire s-10 pack with the eyelets cut off beneath the xj main leaf. I should of elaborated more. sorry.

rmm727 said:
maybe I need to apologize. My intent was to use the 2 lower s-10 leafs and the overload beneath a xj main leaf instead of the entire s-10 pack with the eyelets cut off beneath the xj main leaf. I should of elaborated more. sorry.

I understood what you meant, probably because that exactly what Im planning. Except Im not using the overload spring. That things a monster, its like a steel girder.

Back