• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Power Mirrors Not Working

makmadison

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I fixed my power windows with that easy to do wire splicing mode.

My power mirrors don't work. They didn't work before I did the power window mod. I searched the OEM tech forum, no luck.

The driver side door speaker doesn't work. From a search my guess is the speaker wire broke due to opening/closing the door and wear and tear on the harness between door and cabin. COuld this be the cause of my mirror problem too?

Any ideas or hints?

TIA,

Mark
99 XJ Laredo 4 door 2WD 4.0l Auto

Could be likely that the wires broke internally. Only way to tell would be make a jumper wire or actually pulling on the wire. If you notice a thin area in the insulation you've found your problem.

I am on jeepm@n's note. One of speaker wires are broken. I don't think that your problems are related. If both of you power mirrors do not work you probably have a switch problem! but I dont know what the easy todo wire splice mode is? The switch throw in mirror switch uses the same 12v power supply as window switch.

I know that the broken wire is affecting my pasenger windows. It could easily be the same thing with the mirrors. I'd double check the fuses first before tearing the door apart to fix broken wires.

Back