• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC shops in OC?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, since I forgot about that fancy vacuum gismo... anyone knows of a decent shop in OC that'd evacuate my AC system and refill it for me?

do you always need to vacuum it down to recharge or only when (1) system has been opened or (2) converting to R134?
I thought it was only those two reasons, but I'm usually wrong. :)
local radiator shop here wanted to charge 50 bucks to vac my system down. for that price you can buy a vac pump and do it yourself.

Yes you always need to evacuate the system to get a proper charge when refilling it..

Remi: There is a guy in costa mesa on superior ave that I sent Johnny to get his condenser repaired. D&S auto repair 1661 Superior Ave #D, Costa Mesa, CA. 714-835-3666 ask for Steve.. He is not cheap but does top quaility work..

harbor freight has vac pumps really cheap.if you have gauges i would go that route.If the system has been opened you have to evacuate it.If it just low just add to it. Ac should be 140-160# high side 25-30# low side and cycle @ 18-20#'s around about obviously the temp of the day will shange pressures

hey remi i also want to add (from my end, as a parts guy) our compressors need to show that the orofice tube was purchased, and you need to have proof that a lic AC shop did the evac and refill.

but then again you said you had a spare so im assuming you arent too concerned with a warranty ;)

take some pics! lets do a writeup :D

GrimmJeeper said:
hey remi i also want to add (from my end, as a parts guy) our compressors need to show that the orofice tube was purchased, and you need to have proof that a lic AC shop did the evac and refill.

but then again you said you had a spare so im assuming you arent too concerned with a warranty ;)
Yup

take some pics! lets do a writeup :D
Might have to do that :D Might just throw it on for now to get the vehicle movable and then work on getting rest done mid to late may when I have some time.

Speaking of the harbor freight vacuum pump: anyone has any experience with it?

Do you guys know a reasonable source for quality new compressor that won't break the bank?

The dealer has discontinued carrying compressor for my 1989 (R12).

Maz said:
Do you guys know a reasonable source for quality new compressor that won't break the bank?

The dealer has discontinued carrying compressor for my 1989 (R12).

Dealer Part# 53005752 you can get it from Gerr Offroad, contact him for pricing!

Remi, I've got everything you need to do it.

EliasJ123 said:
So, do you have cold air now????????????

Did you take pics??? Write up??????????? What's taking you sooo long?? :D

E
Well... I got cold air, Kyung saved the day, drank my beer and we BS'ed probably more then worked ;) (check out the other thread in the chapter forum ;) )

Back