• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

finally got long arms!

Nice man, wasn't it night and day going from short arms?! Those pics on PNW, you should be able to flex more than that, try something taller :) I'm serious though, mine droops more since the y-arm setup, try something insane, just watch your rear tire so you don't flop it.

hidesintrees said:
can that kit really be called 4 link? still uses a track bar right? those 35/36 ssr's?

I believe you're thinking of a triangulated 4-link.

hidesintrees said:
can that kit really be called 4 link? still uses a track bar right? those 35/36 ssr's?

Typically a Link system only considers the links for axle articulation not any links for retaining the axle under the center of the vehicle. So a stock XJ is a 4 link front suspension even though it has a track bar also (5th link).

Triangulated 4 link says that at least 2 of the links are triangulated sometimes allowing no need for a trackbar.
Double Triangulated 4 link says that at least 4 links are triangulated again sometimes allowing no need for a trackbar.

Michael

haha yea didnt know there was a difference. i like the design im curious about the pros and cons of those arms vs say RE or TNT LA's? whyd ya go that route? im very interested

I'm interested to know if there are any clearance issues with the front drive shaft?

Avanteone said:
I wouldn't think so, since the arms are straight.

I wasn't thinking the arms, that belly pan looks like there might be some issues if you had a taller lift and a more extreme driveline angle.

Back