• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

speedometer cable question

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
after doing the motor in my 89 cherokee with the 4.0 the speedometer, odometer, tripmeter stopped working so i went with the guess the cable was bad. I also installed a sye but everything there seemed okay with the speedo gear, at least i think so i was replacing the cable and on this connector in the pic there is a plug attached. I cant find anywhere for that to be plugged in but usually a plug is there for a reason. Is it supposed to be sitting there like that or is there a place for it?
also if this doesnt solve my problem any other ideas where i should start looking???

P1010109.jpg

btw chiltons was a major let down for this part i could not find a thing. Is it under a different name in there?

The black thing attached to the mini speedo cable? That's the cruise control thingy. It sends voltage signals as it rotates so it knows how fast you're going and how to adjus your throttle. Needs to be plugged in for cruise control to work, obviously.

Back