• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oem cupholder ideas

85xjproject

NAXJA Forum User
so i dont gots a cup holder for my jeeps,its a 85.i saw ones on ebays that goes on the parking break,or sits atop it anyways,haves you guys made ones,orgots any ideas. thanks.hopes its ok to post this here.

sorry for the stupid writings, felts like goofing offs!:gee:

scout the junkyards. Jeep made two types of OEM cup holders one goes to the righ tof the gear shift and the other above the e brake like you said. I have both in mine and love them. You cna never have enough cup holders.

i just got the cupholder for over the e-brake and it sucks, I can't fully engage the brake and that's no good on a standard, or maybe I'm just retarded

Or you can find yourself a mid 90's GM Cutlass and grab the fold out collapsible cup holder in the center fold down arm rest. On the olds you just open the lid of the center arm rest, fold it out, close the lid and the cup holder opens. It's held into the arm rest with two screws that can pretty well mount to anything flat.
You will find them in mercedes E class's too, only those are aluminum, typical german engineering and a work of art :D :D :D :D

The e-brake cup holder is good if you drive an automatic and don't need to use the e-brake much i had it in my 87 that was a standard and it was alright but a pain. I use it in my 87 automatic and it works good but it doesn't hold big cups like a large from wendy's so i got a cup adapter that fits in the small size and holds the larger but it does hold a can of soda aka beer perfectly

H8PVMT said:
I can't fully engage the brake and that's no good on a standard, or maybe I'm just retarded

all you have to do is go underneath your rig and tighten the e-brake cable. :eeks1:

jk333 said:
scout the junkyards. Jeep made two types of OEM cup holders one goes to the righ tof the gear shift and the other above the e brake like you said. I have both in mine and love them. You cna never have enough cup holders.

but both those cup holders suck. the one about the ebrake only holds a can and the other one falls off easily.

this is what i did, but i dont have power windows and i dont have factory power door locks.
P1000361.jpg

Build one:

cupholder.jpg

That's a few scraps of plywood, a can of insulating spray foam, and two expanded-metal pencil holders from Target. They're big enough to hold most drive-thru drinks or a can of soda...and that's soda and not beer. Stupid idea, that. The only time beer belongs in the Jeep is when it's in the cooler.

Jim www.yuccaman.com
Jim

hey wow thanks guys.gonna get on it this morning! great ideas

Back