• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Game day/chapter competition....input?

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We're going to have a game day on Fri. This will consist of probably 4 events that are for fun, not really hard wheeling. Just fun stuff. Competition will be on an individual basis, but we also want to have a chapter competition during the same games. We need to figure out exactly how we'd do it, but maybe one chapter rig per game, and add up the scores for a total chapter score.....or maybe more chapter rigs running all the games and a cumulative score.

We're also working on the trail plan. I'm wondering what interest we have in folks participating in the games, as either spectators or participants. I also wonder how many of the chapters want to enter a team into the chapter competition. None of the games would require a hardcore built rig, but it should be a lot of fun. Please post up what you think.

Of course, if we have enough interest, we could include a harder obstacle course for even more chapter competiton fun, we'll have to see.

Please share your interest or questions.

Thanks,

Goatman said:
We're going to have a game day on Fri. This will consist of probably 4 events that are for fun, not really hard wheeling. Just fun stuff. Competition will be on an individual basis, but we also want to have a chapter competition during the same games. We need to figure out exactly how we'd do it, but maybe one chapter rig per game, and add up the scores for a total chapter score.....or maybe more chapter rigs running all the games and a cumulative score.

We're also working on the trail plan. I'm wondering what interest we have in folks participating in the games, as either spectators or participants. I also wonder how many of the chapters want to enter a team into the chapter competition. None of the games would require a hardcore built rig, but it should be a lot of fun. Please post up what you think.

Of course, if we have enough interest, we could include a harder obstacle course for even more chapter competiton fun, we'll have to see.

Please share your interest or questions.

Thanks,

If my rig is not broke by then, i would be interested in participating as the NAC representative.

We could really use some input on this.

Please? :)

Sounds fun. I'm in. What and where would it be? Are we talking meeting at a trail, and running a particular obstacle? Maybe running a whole trail for time? Or number of times in reverse :D ? Or would this be more like a RTI setup in a parking lot somewhere?

No, it will be set up in a play area. Each game will be a short course set up with cones, so it would be easy to spectate while others are running. The idea is to have fun, and some bragging rights. We'll give out awards at the dinner that night.

Sounds like fun.

How will the chapters "pick their champions"?

Each chapter would pick it's own team.

Do all the games have to be vehicle dependent?

One thing that might be cool is to get a set of vehicle scales and see who has the most balanced rig.

At the last All4Fun we attended one of the vendors had a set of scales and for a donation you could weigh your rig.

we do a blindfolded course at a summer event out here. driver is "blind" and spotter talks them thru a course of cones.. it is based on time and there is time added to your score for cones hit. its always a ton of fun and is a great parent/child event..

I'm still interested in who would be out there for the games, and who might still want to run a trail on Friday.

I would hope that we can get around 70% attendence for the game day. I would like to see some serious prizes. I am hoping that the Sierra Chapter and I can pull together some bling bling prizes. I want to do the games in such a way that they will be exciting and entertaing. I want to base alot of rules off of WeRock simply for ease of adaptation.

As far as chapter comp... I really think each chapter should pick the baddest ass rig the chapter has, and lets do a side by side bracket race type thing like rock racing. That would get some smiles I think.

Goatman said:
I'm still interested in who would be out there for the games, and who might still want to run a trail on Friday.

I might be, but that depends on how the week flows - has a rough itinerary been planned out yet?

games on friday might ensure that everyone is back in time for the dinner...instead of busted on the trail and hungry...

mac 'game for anything' gyvr

IntrepidXJ said:
I'd prefer to run a trail on Friday.....the games just don't interest me very much.

I am only going to be there for 3 days...so I would prefer a trail!

Back