• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Dents

XJ Stryker

WHO DAT!
Ok I did a title search for fender dents with no results. So I figured i would start a thread on luck popping dents. I was able to pop a few dents in my JEEP with a plunger and i was able to bang a few out when i pulled the door panels apart. Just want to hear some other success stories out on popping dents there are a few that i just cant get out and i am not ready to drill hole to pull them out. So who has got the magic ideas

I have a full set of hammers and anvils....(I do my own body work, just short of cutting and welding, as I don't have a torch, nor welder....)

Plungers, we don't need no stinkin plungers....

I have full set of hammers, anvils, puller(s) etc. too. Also have welders, compressor(s), paint guns, all kinds of pneumatic tools, a couple of rams.
I bring it to the body shop, sick of screwin' with it.....lol

Unfortunately, I like pulling dents....(I did take acouple years of auto tech you know....)

My poor little Mazda that I sold to my B.I.L. before I bought the jeep saw my tools quite often. The P.O. just slathered on the Bondo without pulling out the dents...

I got all except the big one on the side of the bed 99% out. The bed side was the victim of a deer. So there wasn't much I could do for it, besides torching it off and welding on a new one.....

I cant wait till i put dents in mine....
It's a real slow work in progress Its a five year build hahaha thats when i move to Maine !!!
Oh and no rocks here just tree's and Mud but all good there "Thanks Interco I just LOVE my TSL's"

If you are taking all that time time do a rebuild I can only assume you will be doing it right and meticulously.
I also see you are going to be moving to ME. Please take the time to do rust prevention.
On my 90' which is going thru full floor pan replacement I have treated both pans (front/rear), interior/exterior, frame rails, crossmembers, basically evrything from the lower third of the doors(interior/exterior) to the rockerpanels,lower fenders and quarter panels, with Zero Rust. ZR is my choice for rust prevention, you may have your own and thats fine too.
Whatever you use I would coat everything that you can after rust treating with a good bedliner, Herculiner etc. and get rid of the "cancer carpet", for less that $200 you can replace it with someting that is not going to act like diaper and hold all that moisture.
I live in NH and did live in ME. The winters here raise havoc with $hitty sheet metal on our XJ's.
I would hate to see you going to all that work and expense to rebuild just to have it eaten up by the road salt and sand used here, on a happy note you'll love New England, especially NH & ME., ton's of old logging roads to go offroading on.
Good luck with your project.

Back