• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a room to rent?

01_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I posted this up a while back when I was planning to move up to Pomona to go to Cal Poly, but decided to stay here in SD for another semester to take some more classes. Now I've decided to move up to San Luis Obispo in the summer to go to the Cal Poly there.

I have to move out of my place by the 24th, which is in 12 days, and I still haven't found a suitable place to rent yet. Last time i got some feedback, and Cal was cool enough to recommend renting from his father, so I was hoping that I might have some success with the new situation.

As for me, I work full time in Rancho Santa Fe and also take classes at Mesa college. those two things pretty much consume my life at this point. I'm looking for a place around $500 or under, because after gast to work and school and my few bills, theres not much left.

If anyone has a room to rent, or knows of someone, please let me know. Its getting close to when i gotta move, and craigslist has turned up nothing for me but weirdos and flakes, haha.

Thanks

I go to Cal Poly SLO but do not have a room for rent. Post this up in the Sierra Chapter and you might hit something as there is some Cal Poly guys and others in the SLO area that frequent that forum. I am finished with school in about 8 weeks now so good luck at Poly. At least for engineering Poly is a great school. I got hired for a position with 1.5 quarters before I graduated. Just going to Cal Poly SLO gave me an edge over others because of the reputation.

Edit: Put SLO in the title to get peoples attention.

Ahh, I realized that my post is sort of unclear. I'm still in San Diego right now, and need to find a place to get me by till summer when I will be moving up there.

tgoff, what part of engineering? I got into Pomona for civil, but decided agaist it. All my coursework so far is in architecture, but I was gonna try engineering. Now I've decided to go back to arch, and if I can't get into that dept, just gonna do a math or physics degree to get out of school already then get my masters in arch.

I am a civil engineering major. I like it and I am getting out in 4 years which is nice in the fact that I get to make some real money but I think I will miss high concentration on women 18-24. I think you will have a tough time finding a place up here before school is out. Still like 8 weeks left. I think I know some people who are going to sublet their places only for the summer so you would still have to find a place when school starts but that is usually a lot easier. I'll check with them and get back to you on that.

Man, this sucks. 9 days now and it seems like most of the places that are good are getting snatched up before I can get to them. I spent all day today at work refreshing the craigslist page and emailing people right away.

Starting to get worried that its gonna come down to getting a storage unit and throwing a sleeping bag in back of the XJ.

there is always the Union Tribune classifieds .... they have that roommate section.
I wish u luck bro

WraithKWK said:
there is always the Union Tribune classifieds .... they have that roommate section.
I wish u luck bro
Yea I haven't picked up a paper yet, but i did go on signonsandiego.com, and saw that they don't have a roommate section. I'm gonna have to go pick up a paper today.

Back