• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finaly Half Doors!!

1sickhick

NAXJA Forum User
So it's taken me about 2weeks.I could only work on them now an again.But at 11:30 last night I had them both on!! party1: :yelclap: I'ma happy as a hillbilly in a sheep field.SO what ya think?They need paint and mirror's but thats nothin.

JACK

104_2422.jpg

104_2421.jpg

Those look pretty cool, I can't wait to see them all painted up. Good job.

I started on a set that look very similar to yours. I think I'm going to use that handle idea. Looks good!

-Jeremy

looks good! might look better with some sliders though........

Looks good now you can do my set :laugh: :laugh:

Those look pretty good. I want to do the same thing on my two door. Did you do the mod where you cut the hinge a make it easily removable?

xtimmax said:
Those look pretty good. I want to do the same thing on my two door. Did you do the mod where you cut the hinge a make it easily removable?

Yes I did.Cut them off with a 3" air cut wheel.Didn't even have to take the doors off the hinges.On the passenger side I had to put 1/4" x1.5" grade 8 bolts in place of the hinge pin.Also the bracket that goes between hinge and door cut out about 1/2" on the bottom to clear the hinges easier.Good luck!

JACK

85xj4dr said:
Have a write up or pics of how you did the door handles? I like. I'm getting ready to do a set too.

X2 minus actually doing a set soon. lol

I'm really interested in just seeing how you did the fab to relocate the handles. Very clever.

I'll take some pic's of the door latch set up.An give you a small write up.I ended up "bed lineing" the doors An I wan"t to re skin the passenger door.I'll get it done this afternoon.thanks for the feed back.

JACK

Well here's the finished product.
104_2424.jpg

As for the latch system here you go.First off it wasn't rocket science.When I made my door I welded in cross braces to make the door sturdier.Up were the handle is I just moved the brace down 1 1/8" from the top"thats were my other braces are"ran "Dog Run Wire"from the handle to the latch.I ran it under the window rail support so it would have the down word pull needed to open the latch.
104_2427.jpg

104_2425.jpg

I know the pics aren't the best but I hope they help.
JACK

So I got out this weekend and tried them out.It's defently differant.I will wear safty glasses from now on due to the fact that I almost took my eye out with a chunk of mud out of "mud lake".I can't wait for NW Fest!!!!!

JACK

So how difficult was it? Im looking at doing that with a set of scrap doors this summer, but I'm not the best when it comes to welding..... :dunno:

And I'm assuming its a big improvement over having to shove your head out the window?

Atownatheist said:
So how difficult was it? Im looking at doing that with a set of scrap doors this summer, but I'm not the best when it comes to welding..... :dunno:

And I'm assuming its a big improvement over having to shove your head out the window?

It was actualy preaty easy.All you realy have to do is Tack weld the supports and make sure they don't move and you have to have a even cut on both sides of the door.The hardest part was bending the sheet meatal!!PITA.But after you get one done the other seems easy.

JACK

Back