• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle shaft seal

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
i may have damaged my axle seal when i was doing my u-joints because im sure all my gear oil is pretty much gone im either gonna get it done or do it myself depending on what i have to do. do i have to take the whole shaft out again or just take the cover off drain all fluids take out gears and what not and replace. TIA

I assume your talking about the front axle. you have to take both shafts out, and the carrier to get to the seal as the seal sits in a groove behind the carrier berings. verry easy to do, it can just be intimidating at first.

I had a small nick in my seal from installing my gears and it leaked bad. took me 30 minutes to replace the seal. its really not a big deal. if i lived near you i would help ya do it for a case of beer.

i would have ya do it for 3 cases haha i don't want to go through that again so im just gonna take it to a shop also i gotta get the breaks done too

Back