• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C bypass for 89 4.0?????

opie1

NAXJA Forum User
Compressor is toast and so is the idler pulley, I think? Anyway I could use the extra horses and a/c don't work. Making the doors removable anyway, so is there a bypass out there for me? If so where at, how much $$$, and what the hell does it look like?

This is what a Renix one looks like.

IMG_6427.jpg

Those are factory parts for units without a/c.

ACIdler.jpg

opie1 said:
Did my year come without a/c as an option. Could it be a factory part?

Do you even read the other posts?

:)

Saudade posted the factory part numbers for a Renix motor, which is what you have.

And I posted a picture of a factory AC-delete pulley from a Renix motor that I got from a junkyard. I pull these things every time I find one in the junkyard. Unfortunately, this particular one is spoken for.

Opie, my apologies. I was out of line.

What I meant was that XJohnnyc said the 91-93 would not work on a RENIX rig (yours) and I posted that they were factory parts. I should have simply stated that.

I'm headed to my local pickapart tomorrow for a compressor myself. If I come across one, I'll pull it for you. Here in SoCal, there may not be any.

Back