• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

INSANE QUESTION

joeyschribar

NAXJA Forum User
4.0 h.o out of a 95, will it work with my 92 h.o?

guy im buying it from says it wont fit due to having two oil pressure sending units or something, located on the back of the valve cover, right where the engine ground strap connects to.
just a single wire.

my other jeep is the same year and engine, i disconected it and it runs perfect except the temp guage does not register on my dash.

A 95 should work in a 92 as I don't believe they made many changes until 97. The sending unit on the back of the engine is not an oil pressure sending unit (that's above the oil filter) it is the engine temp sending unit and are easily broken (broke two when rebuilding head). Only thing you might want to get would be the ECM but even they should be the same.

If the new motor doesn't have the temp sender there then drill and tap the tstat housing and put it there. when I did a 97 engine in my 91 that's what I did and it worked fine.

Back