• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

testing compressor for OBA

jeepnuts311

NAXJA Forum User
hey all,
trying to convert my sanden compressor for OBA, but before i get started i want to find out how to test my compressor.

when i flick on the a/c switch in the cab, the compressor does not run. i have heard this is because it has no freon in it, it will not engage the clutch. how can i over-ride this and test the clutch?

-Tim

the wire on the top of the compressor, just put a 12 volt source to it, then it will work.

Rev Den said:
The wire that runs into the loom, not the one attached to the case with a screw.
:D
Rev

on my brothers MJ i followed the wire looking for the loom just so i could find a good place to cut, but when i got to the loom, about 1 cm before the loom, there was a connector, so i unplugged it. it looked as though it had both of the wires from the top of the compressor ending at it. it was a round spade connector, and it happened to reach the battery, so i touched it to the positive terminal and CLICK, so i am guessing that was the clutch engaging. i did this with the motor off just incase it was seized up or something i didnt want to be holding it.

-Tim

Back