• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this? (pic)

cshontz

NAXJA Forum User
When I removed my overhead console, there was a wiring harness that looks like it plugs into a circuit board enclosed in the black plastic console frame. The presumable circuit board had no obvious purpose - does anyone know what this does?

223035989_a2b995e06d_b.jpg

That would be the Compass/Temperature module.

Dave

CantonXJ said:
That would be the Compass/Temperature module.

I believe the Compass/Temperature is located at the front of the unit, fed by another wiring harness. This wiring harness is toward the middle of the console where there are no lights or data displays.

I have ascertained that it controls the keyless entry - which confirms my initial theory, although I cannot help but wonder why it requires such a thick wiring harness. You'd think a simple electronic function such as unlocking the doors would only take a few wires.

cshontz said:
I believe the Compass/Temperature is located at the front of the unit, fed by another wiring harness. This wiring harness is toward the middle of the console where there are no lights or data displays.

Allrightythen. Well, according to my FSM, the Compass/Temperature Module is located just where your pic indicates the mystery piece of electronics.

Dave

CantonXJ said:
Allrightythen. Well, according to my FSM, the Compass/Temperature Module is located just where your pic indicates the mystery piece of electronics.

That settles that, then. Thanks for looking it up! :)

Keyless Entry Circuit Board. The reason the connector is so thick is that it also integrates to the CCD Bus. The CCD is a parallel bus - Follow it forward and you'll see it splices to the connector to the Compass / Temp module. It also has wires for the horn relay (beeps when you lock it) and to the lock solenoids. The light blue wire w/ red tracer gives it away. That's the "Door Lock Control" wire. The white wire w/ black tracer and the violet w/ brown tracer is your CCD Bus. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back