• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CRAZY JEEP!

jeephick85

NAXJA Forum User
Hi All, I have posted on here on a few different occasions about my jeep, and its low gas mileage and its hesitation when beginning to accelerate. Im stumped and have no clue what else to do with this jeep. I have changed the plugs,wires,cap, rotor,intake/exhaust seal,O2 sensor, engine temp sensor,knock sensor, tried a different coil, tried different computer. With have done all this I'm still at 9 MPG and I drive like an ole Fart. Do you guys think its my injectors??? I cant see it being anything else. I have an 87 4.0, the first 4 injectors are out of an 93 H.O. and the 2 others ones are the original ones. Does this make a difference? Make TPS is adjusted to 83% with a good grounds everywhere, and the plugs are gapped at .38 (Champion copper). So what do you guys think. Thanks Jamie

Uh, I believe the H.O got higher-flowing fuel injectors as opposed to 1987. As I recall, it got diff injectors for 89 and again for the H.O inaddition to a different cylinder head.

So yeah, an uneducated guess based on that would make me yes.

Im up in Montreal and I dont believe we got that up here unfortunately. Will this stuff make a difference? I have tried a couple other fuel cleaners and it doesnt seem to help, but the hesitation is intermittent. Sometimes the acceleration is sluggish and other times its not. The idle is always at 500 and smells rich, and has a poppin sound and backfires when I release the gas. If anyone is sure about the injectors ill just get new ones from a mustang.

not sure, but you damn sure should have all 6 injectors as a matched set....

jeephick85 said:
Im up in Montreal and I dont believe we got that up here unfortunately. Will this stuff make a difference? I have tried a couple other fuel cleaners and it doesnt seem to help, but the hesitation is intermittent. Sometimes the acceleration is sluggish and other times its not. The idle is always at 500 and smells rich, and has a poppin sound and backfires when I release the gas. If anyone is sure about the injectors ill just get new ones from a mustang.

popping when letting off the gas is a sign that the egr is not operating properly or intake/exhaust leak.

i would definetly change out the injectors. you can get used 5.0 ford mustang 19# injectors for under $100 on ebay.

also check/test the fuel pressure. could have a bad fuel pressure regulator.

OK I'll get new injectors and see if the problem gets better. I also checked the pressure and it was at 34 plugged and 40 unplugged if i remember correctly. thanks alot

Back