• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taking the wife....she don't wheel....

Jump This

Just another minion!
I have almost convinced the wife to make it out for this trip. I have planned a ten day run.
As the title say, she don't wheel, doesn't like it much at all (she is not into the heart beating thrill factor I'm addicted to.)
I have shown her some pictures of the area (thanks to all who have been there before.)
What are some of the 'other' attractions to Moab?
She likes a good bar as much as anyone else...is there a must see beer joint?
Nice dinner spot (I'm talking real nice...) ?
Anyone elses wifes coming too who might want a day off when we are out doing the tougher runs?
What ya' think?

Rick

My wife has consented to this trip porvided I stay on the easy trails and bypass the rough stuff.

She is going for the scenery.

You are not alone.

Rev

Rev Den said:
My wife has consented to this trip porvided I stay on the easy trails and bypass the rough stuff.

She is going for the scenery.

You are not alone.

Rev

I'm thinkin' that I will get plenty of time to do all the wheelin' I want, I'm looking for items to suggest that she might enjoy, some of them to be done while I'm out beatin' the rig.

:D

I wouldn't just pretend to like jeeps to impress him. I am really looking forward to enjoying some hard core wheeling, great scenery, and meeting new people!

Rick, there's video rent places, so she can watch videos in the MH while you're out wheeling. :)

You can take a day or two and do Arches and Canyonlands, she'd enjoy that. There's stuff downtown to check out, but she'd need wheels, and it wouldn't take all day.

How patient is she?

The must-see beer joint would be Moab Brewery. Pretty good food too.

For a really nice dinner, we enjoyed Buck's Grill. There's definitely no shortage of restaurants in the area. You can download menus here...
http://www.moabhappenings.com/menuguide.htm

Goatman said:
Rick, there's video rent places, so she can watch videos in the MH while you're out wheeling. :)

You can take a day or two and do Arches and Canyonlands, she'd enjoy that. There's stuff downtown to check out, but she'd need wheels, and it wouldn't take all day.

How patient is she?

That would not work for her, but the parks are on my list even if she doesn't come out. I need to know for sure if she is coming soon. Got to compare gas costs to hotel costs....
Lets see, aprox 1600mi total in the RV...@ 7mpg is.....about 230 gallons @ $4.50 (estimated cost by fall) equals....$1035.00. plus camp fees...
Now if I take the diesel I'd get 15mpg, so the fuel costs are cut by more than half, but then I'd need a hotel, for 8 days at aprox $100 per night....
so if we look at costs, its probably close enough to being a coin flip.
Hmmmmmm........

Will wifey let you hang in the campground with your buds, or will you be stuck in a hotel room and going out to eat? :)

Plenty of good places to eat. Moab Brewery has good food and some good micro brew.

Goatman said:
Will wifey let you hang in the campground with your buds, or will you be stuck in a hotel room and going out to eat? :)

Plenty of good places to eat. Moab Brewery has good food and some good micro brew.

Bonnie (my wife) enjoys most everything about what I do for fun, things like hanging around the fire, watching others do the dumb ass things I do, a cold beverage or two, heck, she even likes the people I hang around with when I go wheeling. She just has very little tolerance for the 'thrill factor' of crawling.

So to answer your question (we will ignore the 'let you' part :D ) Yes, I will be hanging with my buds! And so will she....
although I hadn't thaught about the food situation too much....
:D

My wife has taken a look at some of the pictures and said "I won't be in the jeep for that."

But that just means she's willing to do a lot of walking. She wants to be there, just doesn't want to be in the jeep when I'm doing stupid stuff.

On a side note, don't forget the Tuesday Tourist Run :)

My wife gets out of the jeep a lot! She loves the scenery and some of the obstacles, but like RedHeep's wife, she gets out if she is uncomfortable.

There a lot of things to do besides hardcore wheeling. A bunch of the trails are basically beautiful scenic drives. There are of course Canyonlans NP, Arches NP, and Dead Horse Point SP.

Moab has the usual tourist shops and as was mentioned the Moab brewery is not bad.

I think you will have plenty of opportunity to run trails she would be comfortable with. Let her look through Wells' book on Moab. The features description will let her see that some trails are more scenic then anything else.

Glen

Back