• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mirror Tech

Paul S

NAXJA Member #103
I pretty much always ware my shoulder harness these days (dictated by new driving style). Problem is that I cannot turn around to see what's happening behind me. Till now it's been a non-issue, but with Gaut's new buggy on the way I figure I'll need to make sure he's keeping up, so a mirror was in order. Unfortunately, it's not an 'objects in mirror are closer than they appear' type, so Farmer Matt will look more like Mini Matt, assuming he's anywhere close enough to see at all.

standard

standard

To install, simply take some 0.625" DOM, cut a 1" length, weld 1 end shut & flap, weld nut in other end, weld between spreaders, screw mirror on.

:flame: :laugh3: :D

Paul

Good idea, Paul. You'll need a mirror so you can see when I'm ready to bump you so you can speed up.

BTW, that mirror you mounted is too complicated. I'll just run over to Victory Circle and get one that attaches to the cage tubing, simple two bolt 1.5" clamp. Like this one....scroll down to spot mirror: http://www.cmwraceparts.com/Chassis/Chassis14.html

Goatman said:
Good idea, Paul. You'll need a mirror so you can see when I'm ready to bump you so you can speed up.

BTW, that mirror you mounted is too complicated. I'll just run over to Victory Circle and get one that attaches to the cage tubing, simple two bolt 1.5" clamp. Like this one....scroll down to spot mirror: http://www.cmwraceparts.com/Chassis/Chassis14.html

You better carry some Windex, it's going to be dusty back there.

Paul

Paul S said:

All you lack are pink fuzzy dice. That stereo has got to be good for 3# or so... There's a lot of weight in that dash to lose.

Don't worry about be Dave. I think I might end up under 4K even with upping to 4ds. That spare tire & spare tire mount dropped a good load off my rear. Getting rid of the spare shafts, hubs, & some tools will also add up as well.party1:

Matt

Matt, Paul's getting pretty feisty here. If we push him maybe he'll just break that spindly front end that he has....

Then all he'll be able to see out of that cute little mirror is blue desert sky.

FarmerMatt said:
All you lack are pink fuzzy dice. That stereo has got to be good for 3# or so... There's a lot of weight in that dash to lose.

Don't worry about be Dave. I think I might end up under 4K even with upping to 4ds. That spare tire & spare tire mount dropped a good load off my rear. Getting rid of the spare shafts, hubs, & some tools will also add up as well.party1:

Matt

I took all the junk (mostly heating related) out from behind the dash last week, good for 39lbs, + the center consol = another 9lbs. That gets me down to 3652lbs.

BTW, I've got a 6 pack of Michelob for Garry NOT to swing by the farm on his way back.

Paul

Paul

Goatman said:
Matt, Paul's getting pretty feisty here. If we push him maybe he'll just break that spindly front end that he has....

Then all he'll be able to see out of that cute little mirror is blue desert sky.

So you think the 30 spline outers have that much of an advantage on your junk? :D

FarmerMatt said:
I think I might end up under 4K even with upping to 4ds. That spare tire & spare tire mount dropped a good load off my rear.

Matt

That might make you the portly one in the group. :kissyou:

After the last round of mods I'm just under 3500#.:shocked: Of course with my little tires and axle I will need all the help I can get.

Paul S said:
BTW, I've got a 6 pack of Michelob for Garry NOT to swing by the farm on his way back.

Paul

Paul

I've got several bags of pistachios & a couple bottles of wine that says he does... Top that!

Dave,
At this time in my life I'm used to be the portly one of the bunch... The trick is knowing how to throw the weight around.

cracker said:
So you think the 30 spline outers have that much of an advantage on your junk? :D

30 spline? What have you been smokin', cracker boy?

FarmerMatt said:
I've got several bags of pistachios & a couple bottles of wine that says he does... Top that!

Easy...

3 tires = I'll get real good a changing out broken birfs on Resolution.
4 tires = leaving his broken junk on the trail.

P

I'm done :D

FileHandler.ashx

Back