• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spectator Info for 2008 Olympus Rally

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
Wanted to make sure that this got out there for anyone who might want to check out a National Rally.

This is a Rally America National Points event, and currently has 55 cars entered.

Because it is a national event, you're gonna see some names out there that might be familiar, like Travis Pastrana, Dave Mirra, and so on.

Takes place in Pomeroy Washington, about 30 minutes east of the Lewiston/Clarkston area.

Here are the spectator directions...dont miss it!

2008 OLYMPUS INTERNATIONAL RALLY

Directions to Spectator areas:

1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]New York. Saturday, April 19. Approx. 10:30 and 12:50: From downtown Pomeroy, go West and turn Right on Falling Springs Road, about one mile out, and follow uphill for about 3.5 miles.

2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ball Grade. Also Saturday. Approx. 3:20 PM (1520 hrs) and 5:50 PM (1750 hrs): From downtown Pomeroy, go East about 3.5 miles and turn Right on Rickman Gulch Road. The Spectator area is one mile off the highway.

3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Malone. Sunday, April 20. Approx. 9:30 and 12 Noon: From downtown Pomeroy, go East 6 miles and turn Left up the hill on the Kirby-Mayview Road. Follow about 3.5 miles and turn Right on Valentine Road. Drive 2.5 miles and bear Left onto Malone Road. The Spectator area is one/half mile down the hill.

4.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Bell Meadow. Also Sunday, and overlapping Area 3. Approx. 10:05 and 12:30: From downtown Pomeroy, go East about 3 miles and turn Left onto the Bell Plain Road. In about 4 miles, bear Left at a “Y”. The area is one/half mile ahead.

IXNAYXJ said:
I really wanted to make this event, but I'll be at the Superlift ORV park in Arkansas on assignment for CRAWL magazine.

Beating on manufacturers' rigs > watching others beat on their rigs. :D

-----Matt-----

You suck, you really really suck.

-Alex

Do you know why and when they moved this event?
Michael

2xtreme said:
Do you know why and when they moved this event?
Michael

Yes I do. We had a hard time securing roads for the rally in the area where Olympus normally takes place. The move was finalized about 3 weeks ago.

Pomeroy is where Wild West Rally was held last year, for the same reason really, and turned out to be a great place to rally. The roads are wicked and the local land use there is great. They are more than eager to hand over roads and love having us there.

It is in the plans to make sure that Olympus returns to Western Washington next year.

JR

WheelinJR said:
Yes I do. We had a hard time securing roads for the rally in the area where Olympus normally takes place. The move was finalized about 3 weeks ago.

Pomeroy is where Wild West Rally was held last year, for the same reason really, and turned out to be a great place to rally. The roads are wicked and the local land use there is great. They are more than eager to hand over roads and love having us there.

It is in the plans to make sure that Olympus returns to Western Washington next year.

JR

Thanks,
I figured that might be the case.
Michael

WheelinJR said:

JR

Isn't That in Eastern WA.??An does this mean There,s no "Shelton Rally".thats what we call it in Shelton.

Back