• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

odd noise when taking off

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
So i noticed today a noise when i first take off, it doesn't always do it but enough to notice it. I belive it is the throw out bearing but not sure and i say htis cause i know my master is shot.
It only happens right as the clutch seems to reach max clamping force but only at a certain rpm. If i almost stall it it doesnt do it and if i rev it and sorta ride it out it wont do it. Any ideas? i know i need a ujoint on my double cardon in the front but i dont think it would make that noise. I have heard something similar and that is when someone uses lift blocks and the axle wraps pretty bad on take off and the shackles lurching forward with no lube make a noise. Its a ehhh, sort a noise and only for a second.

Uhh no tranny and M.O.R.E motor mounts were installed at the same time only 2 months ago. But it reminds me of when the mounts were bad but i double checked them today aswell as the crossmember and there all solid.

Back