• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems with A/C

milehigh

NAXJA Forum User
I cycle my a/c periodically during the winter to keep things lubed and it worked about a month ago, well checked it yesterday and it wasnt working. My chiltons manual doesnt go into detail, doesnt really help at all. Ive determined this though the center hub on the comperssor doesnt spin when you turn on the a/c. Seems there should be a relay or solenoid that engages the clutch when its switched on, also other thing im thinking is, is the clutch assembly bad? wouldnt it lock up not do the opposite free spin? Or am i screwed and have to buy a new pump? This is in a 2000 with about 113k miles. Other possiblility is in the control circuit. And a oh by the way i checked the hoses and they are all warm/hot to the touch. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance

Standard Jeep problem, cheap ass low bid evaporators. Very common. They leak like a sieve.

Really wow, wouldnt have thought low refridgerant, I checked last summer and it read full. Guess its time to check again. wheres the low pressure switch located at? Thanks

Back