• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uti

natesjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i am thinking about going to uti as my auto college and was woundering if anyone here has gone there and was woundering what they thought. its the sacremento CA one.

XJourney said:
God loves Techers, and so does your daughter! :D
Fixed

Either place Wyotech, or UTI will give you a good base to start with( although I am partial to Wyotech). Alot of it depends on you. If you can follow the rules, pay attention and have at least 3 functioning brain cells you'll leave with alot of open doors. If not you'll be paying a very expensive student loan with your Wal-Mart tire and lube express checks.

Blkxjkrawler said:
Wal-Mart tire and lube express checks.

Isn't that what you are doing??? :)
Of course who am I to talk. I just a silly ditch witch.

X2 on what Ryan said. Excellent way to get your foot in the door.

Have you checked into you local commuinty collage for auto programs. I went to MT. Hood commuinty collage and went through their chrysler CAP Honda PACT programs. It's is two years but you get a degree and it only cost $8000 total. UTI and Wyotech you do not get a degree and you will have a student loan of at least $30,000. I am now a line tech at a BMW dealer in portland.

killer98xjsport said:
Have you checked into you local commuinty collage for auto programs. I went to MT. Hood commuinty collage and went through their chrysler CAP Honda PACT programs. It's is two years but you get a degree and it only cost $8000 total. UTI and Wyotech you do not get a degree and you will have a student loan of at least $30,000. I am now a line tech at a BMW dealer in portland.

Wrong. Depending on what classes you take at either place you can get an AAS degree which is the same thing you get at any regular tech school. For my 9 months there, with my living expenses covered I was out for considerably less than 30K. I do agree though, Look into all the options including local community colleges, and tech schools.
-Ryan

The problem with degrees from uti and wyotech is that there is no gerneral education classes and most states will not recognize it as a dregree. State oregon has general education requirements to be classed as a degree that uti and wyotech do not meet.

Back