• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gears busted in transit (pics(large))

Stallacrew

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a set of gears in the mail from a fellow NAXJA guy ( I promise I too will be a paying member soon) and one of the pinion's got janked up. No fault of the sender I am positive.....looks like they threw the box in transit.

I've never been inside of the pumpkin so I don't know how hard/costly this will be so someone please give me the heads up. Sorry I don't know what to describe this piece of sheetmetal as.

What are we talkin here? This is the D30. How replaceable is this piece?
IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

That's just the oil slinger. It will be fine, just straighten it back out with a pair of pliers. So long as the actual gears and bearings are not damaged, the oil slinger won't hurt anything once you straighten it out. These are frequently bent when we pull them out. We just bend them back.

Good luck!

kj139 said:
That's just the oil slinger. It will be fine, just straighten it back out with a pair of pliers. So long as the actual gears and bearings are not damaged, the oil slinger won't hurt anything once you straighten it out. These are frequently bent when we pull them out. We just bend them back.

Good luck!

x2

Back