• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch master problem!!!

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
So today i felt that my clutch was only grabbing at the very top and that was awkward to me so i checked the level and it was low, way low. Upon further inspection i realized the fluid was leaking into the inside of the Jeep down the fuse block and onto my carpet and the long drip stains are obvious indicators. So how did the fluid get behind the plunger and is this a seperate serviceable part or a complete unit like all data states? They run for $113 at advanced and thats a little steep for me. There is a local u-pull it yard i can get one for $13 but this is sorta one of those parts that i might not wanna rely on a used replacement. I don't know what tranny is in it at the bone yard though or if its master is interchangeable with my AX15. I know i can buy a rebuild for the slave cylinder but not sure if this applies to the master.

It needs replaced. A used part is a crap shoot. Are you a gambler?

It's ganna have to be a new part. I originally just replaced my slave thinking it was the only culprit but soon found myself changing the master as well. moral of the story is that these things tend to give out around the same time...if i could go back and do it again i would have invested in the kits that are already connected and no even mess with bleeding the lines.

hope this helps

Danny

This is actually a common problem on the older xj's. Is yours a 94? If so fo to the dealer and buy it fomr them. It will be the master and slave prebled and ready to go. All you do is snake the slave down through the engine bay and bolt it all up.

Back