• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting the XJ level

ratherbcamping

NAXJA Forum User
My Rusty's springs came on an 89 XJ I bought a few years ago. The back in was 4.5" high and the front was 3.5", so I added spacers in the front when I transferred the springs to the 96 and it was level.

Well, I guess the springs were pretty new and never settled, because now the back is at 3.5" Time to add a shackle lift and hope it stays level this time.

Yep, it's a never ending project. Still have to swap out the axles, install the RE drop brackets and now shackles, but it looks good with 32s. Bought them off a guy with a TJ.

The AX-15 and 3.55 gears push the 32s pretty good, so it will be interesting with the 4.56 gears.....

My 96 started as a 2wd and is still a work in progress. Before and right now pics.

PB090011.jpg

P4070001.jpg

Looks very nice. Are you sure you'll want to get that dirty? I had to add 1.5" blocks to the rear of mine today to make it even. I hate blocks but didn't have a choice. It'll buff out I guess.

Back