• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

show and tell

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Would anyone be interested in helping organize an offroad show and tell of sorts? Something where we'd have jeeps at a location, hang out, talk about building them with folks that come up, talk about offroading, maybe have a slideshow going on someplace in the corner? This would be directed at the non wheeling masses primarily.

I've been tossing some ideas in my head and I think it's time to move on it if it is to happen this year but I'd need help organizing :). Folks would be needed to help organize it and plan it (my work shifted a bit and it's been kicking my ass for the past 2 months in regards to timing...)

as long as Remi's rig is parked in back, then they will come. :)

I could help by providing my DJ services and PA for music, announcements, award ceremonies if applicable.

Do we have a place and date yet?

I used to help organize a similar thing here in the valley at Flames resturant in northridge. It was open to all 4wheelers, we'd have all sorts of crazy rigs show up. We did it for an entire summer, every other saturday and would get 10-15 rigs on avg sometimes a bit more, the resturant owner would give us 10% of food and drinks and we'd hang out shoot the shit, even did a few night runs @ miller jeep trail afterwards. We'd meet up around 3 and hang out till 6ish. We'd blast all the boards about 3 weeks before the day and get the word out and after a while it became routine and people would start threads asking about it. We called 4x4 cruise night or something like that...

I am in.

I would totally be in. I just wonder how we would attract a decent amount of non NAXJA people. It sounds cool and the more people exposed, the more it helps the cause to keep off-road going and our trails open.

I am in.....we could post up on many different forums (JU, Jeepforum, Race Dezert, etc etc etc)

My wife works at Deja Vu showgirls ... if its Local I could round up some Eyecandy ... and since i have no life and dont have to work for a living u guys could make use of all my unused time

WraithKWK said:
My wife works at Deja Vu showgirls ... if its Local I could round up some Eyecandy ... and since i have no life and dont have to work for a living u guys could make use of all my unused time

I don't know what it is... but something is telling me we should do this in San Diego. :D

Yea I had a feeling that would catch a few peoples attention
I was debating wether or not to post it ..
Family forums and all ... hence why i didnt post any pics on that coral canyon thread

Back in my car club days we called it a Show and Shine..... (Anyone remember gimmick ralleys???)

Always held at a park somewhere which gave lots of exposure.... If this becomes a regular event type thing, word of mouth is usually enough to draw a decent crowd......

I was thinking today that 4 Wheel Parts in Laguna Hills would be a good place. Jeff might be able to help us out there.

Or at Super Autobacs in Stanton. Talk to the manager over there and see what they say. That's a good location because there's a lot of drive-by traffic on Beach Blvd. And they have a big parking lot.

Back