• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what can i do

bigblueishness

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, this is my first thread so i hope im doing this right
i have a 2000 xj, and it is 4x4, all stock with tires that are called Uniroyal A/T the tires look very streetish, doesnt look like mud would be good for it

i would love to go in mud and trails, maybe rocks but i feel like i would be the one to get stuck, and have no friends with rigs that can pull me out if get stuck

so my question: is it possible to ask if anybody knows how far or deep i can go through mud before i become stuck

also right quick would it be stupid of to try to put on my 3.5 in lift by myself with only the info. i read on naxja, ive been researching how to put on a lift, on this site for 4 months

sorry if i sound stupid thank u

read read and read..

pb-blaster everything
get a breaker bar

i installed my lift with what i learned from reading for months its definitly possible!

and the trick to it is.. you never know how far you can go until you go to far and get stuck!!!

its half the fun!

If you dont have a "plan B" and a "plan C" for when you get stuck, dont go.
Theres no way of telling how deep you can go. Every mud hole is different, even the same mud hole will be different on any given day.
Theres lots of info here, plenty of it to get just about anyone through most things on an XJ. You just need to be good at finding it and understanding what you are reading. But, just the fact that you asked this question worries me a little though.

Just as above, you never know until you try...

The first day I got home after buy my 87 XJ, i took it out on the beach and attempted (very hard mind you) to get it stuck. Even buried down to the axle, as soon as I popped it in 4HI, it came right out.....

pb blaster, patience and determination will get the job done just fine. if all else fails, instructions are usually provided with whatever lift you decide to go with

Back