• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little Yellow Box?

Akers87

NAXJA Forum User
what does that little yellow box adjust? that is located under the dash right above your foot pedals. i think it says low speed/ fast speed or somethimg like that. thanks, o by the way its on an 87' dont know if its the same on all models

It is the cruise, you can adj it's lowest and highest setting. That is slowest speed it will come on. I never tried adjusting it on my 88 or 89.

Yes - check the molded printing and you should be able to read somplace "Perfect Circle". Definitely should have the AMC logo, too, if original. I believe Chryco replaced it with theirs later.

It's a good cruise when it works, I installed kits on my 78 Zephyr and 80 F150 in the day. If your cruise isn't working there is a diagnostic in the FSM which will track down the problem. On the addon kits the brake pedal vacuum breaker (which kills the cruise pull in) would typically wear out. I haven't looked at mine yet to even see if it has that part. It's on my to do list.

Back