• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goat pics April 5th...

mopar440

NAXJA Forum User
Good times! Glad I joined... pics from our little trip to Goat... thanks guys!

P.S. I suck at names... I'll get 'em eventually...

The group...
DSC04117.jpg

Slipped a bead... fixed 'er pronto...
DSC04129.jpg

Waiting for the Hi-Lift...
DSC04130.jpg

Did all right for a stocker!
DSC04111.jpg

Cranium cutting loose!
DSC04118.jpg

Hung up on a rock...
DSC04125.jpg

Jacked 'er up and drove off... nice job!
DSC04126.jpg

Michelle and I...
DSC04116.jpg

Cranium leading the pack...
DSC04112.jpg

nice pics, looks like yall had fun.

Thanks! Yeah, it was our first time in a club-type setting... liked it alot...
joined a local club a couple years ago, but they were really just a bunch of web-wheelers... went to a couple " meet and greets" at a pizza place, but when it came to actually 'wheeling, nobody ever showed... just once, one rig, and all we did was drive around on the gravel!

In contrast, we had a real good time today... sorry to say my rig wasn't up to doing some of the more challenging stuff, but no one had a problem with us stepping aside and watching... we were helped out of a few spots and in turn were more than happy to lend a hand with others... real 'wheelers, and nice people... couldn't ask for more!

BRAVO! And thanks to those who showed... to the rest, hope to see you next time!:cheers:

On a side note, bumpstops worked great! Didn't touch a bit of sheetmetal today, and we had 'er flexed to the max... now all we need to do is lift it some, and Aussie the rear and we'll be good to go! Along with bumpers and tow points... and a winch... and a cage...and rocker protection... and... yeah... just look @ my avitar!:spin1:

You're right...:smsoap: ... I was just talking tire rub... but yeah... we have matching war wounds now!:laugh3:

Now it wouldn't be a trip without a little bent metal.

I have one short vid of Mopar when he was stuck on the rock. But posting it could be a different story, i'll see if I can make it so tomorrow.

Here's all I got. Sorry, forgot I had the camera most of the time...

Banderso about to get a little rocker lovin.
IMG_0494.jpg

Followed by a little tug.
IMG_0495.jpg

Random snow shots.
IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

Pushing a little snow. I aired down to 34 psi, don't know why it didn't work :dunno:
IMG_0507.jpg

That's about all I've got. Great to meet some new people, and look forward to the next trip. Roger thanks you for the tires Karl. We put them on tonight, and they worked fine with airsoft pellets.

Los Lobos said:
Now it wouldn't be a trip without a little bent metal.

I have one short vid of Mopar when he was stuck on the rock. But posting it could be a different story, i'll see if I can make it so tomorrow.

I wanna see-I wanna see!:D

1 vid... Banderso's body work!

Okay, I all of my pictures are here http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb243/b_anderso/Goat%20Mountain%204-5-08/. These are a few of them:
Mopar440 making a little contact with a rock
100_2835.jpg

He and I both needed a tug through this section thanks to our open diffs. We both gave it a shot though and have matching dents to show for it.

We got up to a little over 3000 feet and found some snow. I got stuck.
100_2862.jpg

It just took a little bit of digging and a couple yanks.

Just some playing at the entrance/exit of the trail.
100_2881.jpg

People were running pretty low pressures after the snow, and a bead was lost.
100_2889.jpg

Got it taken care of though.

That was about the end of the day. Overall a great time. It was good to meet some friendly people.

Nice shots, Banderso... gonna steal a few... like the one with me on our rock!:peace:

DSC04125.jpg

Tie Rod?

WaXJ_Skier said:

Isn't that the way cherokee's tie rods are

mopar440 said:
Need to do this again soon!

ps I love the mopar steelies and dog dish caps

Back