• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ignition switch removal....santa style.

juryrigjalopy

NAXJA Forum User
stuck ignition swith? Sawzall it.

DSC00761.jpg

dude... havent you ever stollen a car, I mean watched it done? Big dent puller/ slide hammer, and a quality grade 5 or 8 lag bolt and its clean.....

Why didn't you post this before I had so much fun with mine?

juryrigjalopy said:
stuck ignition swith? Sawzall it.

DSC00761.jpg
LOL.. Whats the Green slime dribbling out of there

ROBERTK said:
dude... havent you ever stollen a car, I mean watched it done? Big dent puller/ slide hammer, and a quality grade 5 or 8 lag bolt and its clean.....

Exactly, Slide hammer and a screw in the end, Repo way 3 sec and brakes nothing other than the cylinder. How do I know, Repo side jobs!

97xjdawg said:
LOL.. Whats the Green slime dribbling out of there

Didnt you know, steering columns bleed green blood.

The green stuff is the blood from that poor disfigured piece. Good thing xj's arent fast because if you get pulled over with it like that it will be a felony style hog tie for sure. Are you going to drive it with a screw driver?

joe_gold said:
The green stuff is the blood from that poor disfigured piece. Good thing xj's arent fast because if you get pulled over with it like that it will be a felony style hog tie for sure. Are you going to drive it with a screw driver?
lol Santa's rig isnt exactly street legal anyway ;)

haha! I can understand when things get tough, the tough gets to cutting.

The only reason I didn't use my cuttin torch was I am out of gas so the sawzall worked great and the green stuff is plastic explosif that finished off the job,now I have my tilt column and my grant wheel in there......SANTA

I can pull one in 15 min ... without the saw-zawl only takes 20.00 in tools from harbor freight

Back