• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuffage vs Droop (rear)

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
While trying to evaluate my solutions for the length of the rear shocks, I came up against a question of stuffage vs droop.... it seems that no matter what I do (redo the shock mounts and or get new shocks) I have a decision to make..... what are your guy's opinions? The limitations for my application are as follows: mods for rear are to put in upper BPE and or redo lower mount....

Kejtar

Remi,

You need to start a few more threads about you rear axle, I think you only have a half dozen so far.

mark

Not being a member of the mile high club, all I can offer is that most shocks are not designed or intended to act as bump stops. Therefore, your stuffage should be controlled by physical bump stops and the shocks should be selected so that they will not bottom out before the bump stops can do their thing.

If you succeed in finding a shock that is designed with internal bump stops, by all means ignore the ravings above.

Mark Hinkley said:
You need to start a few more threads about you rear axle, I think you only have a half dozen so far.

Umm... Mark... sorry if you feel that there are too many posts about this subject, but each one is separate from other and info might be of use to others.... And... there are two projects that I am dealing with now (current and future :) ) And.... I wanna do things right :D (btw.... before anyone jumps with this one... yes... I did run a seach :) )

Kejtar

why dont you mount your shocks so they dont limmit you? mount them triangulated. mine are like that and they come one inch form compressing all the way and 3" from maxing out and i get more flex in the rear then most people on this board have in the front with long arms so i dont think you have a problem.

Bryan

Kejtar said:
Umm... Mark... sorry if you feel that there are too many posts about this subject, but each one is separate from other and info might be of use to others.... And... there are two projects that I am dealing with now (current and future :) ) And.... I wanna do things right :D (btw.... before anyone jumps with this one... yes... I did run a seach :) )

Kejtar

Remi,

Just giving some crap. Didn't mean to get you upset.

mark

Mark Hinkley said:
Remi,

Just giving some crap. Didn't mean to get you upset.

mark
My bad.... it's been one long day today LOL When is this week gonna end and does someone have winning numbers for tomorrow?

Originally posted by Bryan
why dont you mount your shocks so they dont limmit you? mount them triangulated. mine are like that and they come one inch form compressing all the way and 3" from maxing out and i get more flex in the rear then most people on this board have in the front with long arms so i dont think you have a problem.

Bryan, got any pics or a more detailed description how/wher did you do the mounts?

THanks
Kejtar

Back