• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Symptoms of sticky injector

Yes a sticky injector should cause a check engine light. What code it gives you would be the next thing. If it injector sticking "open" you could get several codes, Rich mixture, O2 reading rich, mis fire, etc. If the injector is sticking "closed", Lean mixture, O2 down streem reading lean, mis fire, etc. With out your Year, and engine info I can not give you exact codes that the system could give.

Sorry... I thought I had that in a signature line. It's a '96, 4.0 auto.

I've been getting intermittent problems. Rough idle, low power, can't drive above 40km/h sometimes, popping sounds from the manifold when under load such as climbing a hill, almost sounds like backfiring. Then, it will all go away. I haven't had a problem for 6 weeks, and it came back today. I've done cap, wires, rotor, CPS, TPS, and IAC in the last 6-8 months. There is spark at all cylinders, new air filter, and the fuel filter is one year old. I'm kinda stumped. Oh yeah, no codes!!! I have an OBD II tester, and no check engine light, and no codes. Any ideas??

Geoff

backfiring and power loss are symptons of fuel starvation...could be a fuel pump/regulator problem...get a fuel pressure gauge and check it while it isn't running right...drive up a big hill or whatever to make it fail...

Back