• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np242- linkage problem

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Was having problems popping out of 4 low when going downhill and it felt a little sloppy, I have relaced the push in bushings and the adjuster on the rod, tried adjusting it so it would go into 4low- stays in 4 low great but can't get 2wd, adjust the other way and it constanly pops out of 4 low and no problem with 2wd. There is no happy middle at all, anyone have any advice?? oh and there is no t/case drop, and no problem with the throw of the lever or anything obstructing it. thanks!

When you adjust it do you have all the plastic centerconsole trim off around the lever? I take all that off, then put an 1/8" shim behind the lever when it's all the way into 4 lo and then adjust the rod.

Anyways, thats what I do for the NP 231, so I don't know if you have to do anything different.

bcmaxx said:
Was having problems popping out of 4 low when going downhill and it felt a little sloppy, I have relaced the push in bushings and the adjuster on the rod, tried adjusting it so it would go into 4low- stays in 4 low great but can't get 2wd, adjust the other way and it constanly pops out of 4 low and no problem with 2wd. There is no happy middle at all, anyone have any advice?? oh and there is no t/case drop, and no problem with the throw of the lever or anything obstructing it. thanks!

I had the same problem with my 242. It needs to be adjusted *perfectly* otherwise I run into the same problem with popping out of gear.

the_weirdo said:
I had the same problem with my 242. It needs to be adjusted *perfectly* otherwise I run into the same problem with popping out of gear.

will try and adjust as per fsm tommarow (kinda forgot a girl I know is service manager at the jeep dealer), My mitchell on demand glitched and just has the last step "tighten trunion nut and re-install shift cover"

Back