• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SuperRide vs SuperFlex

EvanH said:
For Rubicon Express lifts, what is the difference between the two? Advantages/Disadvantages?

RE superflex joint vs. rubber or poly (whatever it is) bushing

ditto, The superflex kit has superflex joints, it allows more flex but many say it's slightly more noisy and sacrafices some road manners. the superride kit focuses on the ride with all rubber bushings and will affest flex some but give you a better ride.

What he said. I have the 3.5" Superflex and my god does it ride rough at first. You get used to it, but at first you're like wtf? You'll try to lube everything and think of things that can be clicking and banging, but you realize that you havea to live with it :)

Vanquish said:
What he said. I have the 3.5" Superflex and my god does it ride rough at first. You get used to it, but at first you're like wtf? You'll try to lube everything and think of things that can be clicking and banging, but you realize that you havea to live with it :)

Something else is wrong then. I have a RE 5.5 lift thats several years old and the superflex joints are quiet as a mouse :). I removed them once to see if they needed to be tightened and they didn't I was surprised. I would guess the lift to have 40K or so on it. I would for sure go with the superflex.

I have a custom long-arm without any heim joint's. The only part in my longarm that uses a heim joint is the only spot that dosent need to flex much, it just locates the upper arm to the lower arm. It uses all factory bushings and the only thing that limits the flex is the shocks and bump stops. I rides extremely nice and has absolutely no bind in it. I would not recomend the heims, they restrict axle movement in a 4 link suspension with a trackbar. They also wear out faster, and ride much rougher. I never have to tighten my bushings and listen to them rattle, every other place on my Jeep that has heim joints is high maint.. They are very though but they wear out faster. Go with rubbers!

i have the 4.5 super flex. it has been quiet for the entire 5 months its been on, rides like a new car and flexes like crazy. I LOVE IT!!!

17f3be5f.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

need4speedjp said:
and the full leaf pack, just search or go to RE .com

To clarify, either the superflex or superride comes with an AAL or a full pack option.

Super Ride has plenty of flex AND the added benefit of being stock style Clevite bushings that are cheap and easy to replace.

I'm running drop brackets so that might have an impact on your choice if you're not planning to do that. Flex would be more of a concern with short arms and no DBs.

LS1Jeep said:
+1 for the Super Flex 20k miles and no problems

+2 on the Super Flex... After all it is a JEEP not a Caddie.

Most of the differences are not in the bumpy-ness of the ride but in the tire and road noise that is transmitted through the control arms into the body where the hollow box like XJ shape allows it to resonate.

The Super Flex joints themselves do not generate any noise... They are just better at transmitting it through to the body of the jeep.

Also i belive that superflex has the gen II disco's, which (from what i hear) are way better then the 1st gen disco's. I have the gen II on my RE4.5 and have no complaints, very good system.

Back