• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

someone tried stealing my jeep

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
well i wake up this morning well afternoon to my amazement my jeep was broken into
not much was stolen but 1 pack of cigarettes and an old ass ipod and now i have to deal with this
th_broke.jpg

my question is is this easy to fix? if not i dont wanna deal with it

amateurs

there is a writeup on how to change the igniton cylinder

search it was fairly recent

no they used a cutter of some sort i know anyone coulda done a better job these people were just retards i wanna hunt them down and just laugh at them. it woulda been hilarious

i just found something in my price range. its at vatozone for like 15 bux im gonna go pick one up tomorrow and install it so i can atleast drive it. its gonna suck to get the old one out though cause they like cut a bunch of junk off

Albino Krikit said:
well i wake up this morning well afternoon to my amazement my jeep was broken into
not much was stolen but 1 pack of cigarettes and an old ass ipod and now i have to deal with this
th_broke.jpg

my question is is this easy to fix? if not i dont wanna deal with it

holy crap looks like my dog would have a better chance at stealing it!!

its an 89 i just bought it about a month ago. and my dog also could have done a better job also...i woulda just given him the keys if he asked i bet it was some drunk guy from the bar across the street...dicks

Wow, couple a real wieners tried getting that jeep from you. That might not be fun to fix but is doable. trying not to mess it up more is going to be the biggest problem. After fixing column add several hidden kill switches and add a bunch of toggles in the dash but only hook up the little power on indicator, really slows them down trying to find the right switch. also get one of those 140 DB sirens and install it in the vehicle where its hard to reach (BE VERY CAREFULL NOT TO SET IT OFF ON ACCIDENT) They will cause pain and attract attention. My Porsche has several inside and out.

I was having some problems with car theives in our area. Took some decent cars that had no titles( pays to know the guys in the junk yard business) and parked them on the street unlocked. "someone" must have added a few small explosive's, not big, just enough to scare/cause a little hearing loss/attract alot of attention. the best part was when they treid to get back out and the windows wouldnt go down and the inside handles were disconnected, talk about freaking out! Only took several cars to go boom and the theives stopped coming around our neighbor hood.
Boobie traps will really make people think twice about something like that. Another fun trick is to Park a nice car on the side of the freeway and hang out under the overpass nearby. the theives like to be dropped off and then their freind comes back around to pick them up in a few minutes. the look on their face is priceless when 15-20 250lb samoans come out of the bushes and they have no where to go :)

Good luck man, Jeremy

man thats a funny story but i dont have funds for that but thing is im sure they only did it cause it doesn't have plates yet

amateurs, heres the funny thing, these people really didn't know what they were doing.

Most thefts occur as a result of breaking the steering column open, the weak point on this steering column is the knuckle, and it is very easy to bust it there and steal the vehicle. Thats how I wound up with my first 2 XJs.

If theres one thing worse than thieves, its amateur thieves.

Back