• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Locker for 3.05 gears

Kevin

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 with D30/D35 and 3.05 gears (manual trans).

I see references to some lockers where they are sized for a certain ratio and up or a certain ratio or down.

Is this true for all styles?

I'm looking at installing lunch box lockers in my 30 and 35, but wanted to make sure I could first with these gears.

lunch box lockers don't depend on gears. as long as you get the correct locker to fit your carrier you'll be ok. your gears are 3.07, not 3.05 though. i have a no-slip in my 8.25 and it's real easy to install- commonly compared to the difficulty of a brake job.

yep...307, not 305

but for lunchboxes it doesn't matter what gearing you have

only selectable lockers, or full carrier replacing lockers matter for gears. and i dont even see why they make lockers for the lower gears. if your willing to purchase an expensive locker, have the gears re-set up, you might as well go ahead and spend another 150 and get gears

Good pick up. They are 3.07. Trying to work from memory has never been a good idea.

Thanks for the replies.

Back