• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Belt, and AC

lancey3

NAXJA Forum User
My AC doesn't work. Could I get a shorter belt to not power the AC? Would it help the engine run more efficiently?

Food for thought..:party:

so its not a simple thing?

No, it's not a simple thing.

Take a look at the belt routing. How could you possibly bypass the A/C pulley by using a shorter belt?

78227143.gif

xjohnnyc said:
No, it's not a simple thing.

Take a look at the belt routing. How could you possibly bypass the A/C pulley by using a shorter belt?

78227143.gif

Ok thanks for the picture, I hadn't looked at it before. Impossibly worthless feat. Thanks.

You can mount your alternator where the a/c used to be and buy a shorter belt. 70" comes to mind but thats off the top of my head. If you want the factory A/C delete pully then it will cost about $160 bucks from the dealer. You will need these four parts that basically bolt an idler onto the top of the factory compressor mount. 53006551 bracket,53002903 pully,33002201 spacer and 6504239 bolt.

...or you could convert the compressor to OBA. It comes in handy to air up and even use air tools on the trail.

Stumpalump said:
His is a 98. This says it won't fit. Anybody know what the difference may be?
That's a crock, it will fit fine. The bracket from 91-01 was essentially the same. In 96 they deleted the idler pulley boss, that's it. Those four mounting points remained similar.

Advance auto sells a bolt on delete pully. I have one, works for the newer models better than the older ones. I had to space the pulley a bit to get it to line up correctly.

Back