• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie or Lockright........Which one?

TRNDRVR

NAXJA Forum User
I'm building a little sleeper 2 door to park at a hotel I stay at every week. This rig will see nothing more serious than some dirt forest/desert roads, or some of the easier trails at Moab.

'90', 4.0, 242, DANA 30/35. Tires are 30X9.50 GSAs.

I can get either one shipped for the same price.

Is one better than the other? I'm hearing the Aussie is better.

Anybody?

Thanks,
Dan.

Do a search for "aussie vs lockright" over at pirate. The CEO of aussie picks apart lockright pretty good. Personally I would go with aussie because I like their design better.

I remember Randy having some side by side pics of an Aussie and a LockRight. The Aussie was a tad beefier. After seeing those pics, I went with an Aussie for my 8.8.

If I were to do it again, I'd still get an Aussie.

Hale

TRNDRVR said:
I'm building a little sleeper 2 door to park at a hotel I stay at every week. This rig will see nothing more serious than some dirt forest/desert roads, or some of the easier trails at Moab.

'90', 4.0, 242, DANA 30/35. Tires are 30X9.50 GSAs.

I can get either one shipped for the same price.

Is one better than the other? I'm hearing the Aussie is better.

Anybody?

Thanks,
Dan.

I don't think you need a locker for forest/desert/dirt roads. But I'm going with an Aussie.

I just drove my lockrite on the ice for the first time on monday... I would just say that I dont drive with my swaybar hooked up nor do I usually drive in 4wd but when the snow flies again(soon the way its been...) I will use everything I can to make it more stable in the slick stuff. Im not tryin to talk you out

here's the pics haleyes mentioned

lockright left, aussie right
DSC07357.JPG

aussie left, lockright right
DSC07361.JPG

aussie left, lockright right
DSC07367.JPG

some subtle differences in size

Back