• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oh no she broke something

94xjstud

NAXJA Forum User
My girlfriend stuck her hand in my engine and broke this small black hose. I think it goes from the charcoal canister(big cylinder above the oil filter) to the intake manifold next to the air intake box. I am going to hollister hills tommorrow and need to get this fixed. Can I throw some duct take on and drive to the nearest auto store? Duct tape fixes everything!! What is it and what do I need to do?

This is where it broke

And this is where it goes

94xjstud said:
My girlfriend stuck her hand in my engine and broke this small black hose. I think it goes from the charcoal canister(big cylinder above the oil filter) to the intake manifold next to the air intake box. I am going to hollister hills tommorrow and need to get this fixed. Can I throw some duct take on and drive to the nearest auto store? Duct tape fixes everything!! What is it and what do I need to do?

This is where it broke

And this is where it goes

Just get a section of rubber vacuum line that slips over the Nylon, and patch it that way. Problem sovled.

jb weld is just like duct tape... Well it works on everything ha ha

94xjstud said:
that seems like a temp fix. Can i replace it? anyone have a part number or name of the peice?

Nope - that's a fix that will probably last longer than the Nylon line that broke. If you're paranoid (like I usually am,) smear a little RTV black over the outside of the Nylon line before you slip the rubber hose on, and make sure you get at least 3/8" of engagement on each end.

I fixed a MAP line like that about six years ago on my 88, and it's still running fine.

If you are buying a new tube of RTV then make sure you get the sensor safe kind. You may need it in your application or you may not. Same price or close to it.

Back