• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny t-case question

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
Its looks very simple to drain my tranny and t-case but is it a pain to fill them while there still in the jeep? I have to replace a seal in the t-case and the fluid is almost out. The tranny shifts hard when its cold but as soon as it warms up its fine so i also wanna change the fluid in that.

The AX-15 5 speed manual transmission has a drain plug on one side of the transmission and a filler on the other side.
The transfercase has to drain and fill on the back side to the left of the rear driveshaft output.
What I use is a gear lube hand pump that resembles a large hand lotion pump; which can be purchased at most auto parts stores.

awesome, awesome, awesome! thats what i needed to know man here if there is a glitch with no other vehicle, it really sucks i like to be over prepared for the worst when i work on stuff here. Now in the tranny what did you use ive read about using 75w-90 GL3 or 4 and dextron 3 in the t-case?

Back