• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspension lift affecting drag/gas mileage

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
how much does lifting a jeep affect the gas mileage? i currently have a 3 inch lift, will adding one more inch of lift affect the mileage at all?

I'm guessing it is more the size "and weight" of the tires that effects the gas milage more than the height would.

yeah, i'll be keeping the same 31 inch tires on but i was just wondering what one more inch of actual lift will do because i have heard that the lift affects the mileage too because more air is getting under the vehicle.

I'd like to know too, if you find out let me/us know.

the change, if any, will be minute and not worthy of worrying about. Afterall, it is a Jeep, not a Honda.

I have no hardened facts, but I am guesstimating that since your running your same tires and will only be bumping it up an inch that you will notice less then a 1mpg difference, if that. Once again, just a guess.

Actually, as you go up in altitude, the air gets shiner. So, my theory would be your mileage should increase due to a drop in air resistance.:D

I remember reading in one of the snorkel propaganda info sections, that your engine will run better because the snorkel sucks in the "cooler" and "cleaner" air.

So that joke, may not be very far from the truth. :confused1

Back