• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Stalls While Driving

jibirish11321

NAXJA Forum User
I tried some searching but im still stumped. I have a 94 XJ with a 4.0l and aw4. The problem is while im driving down the road the engine will lose all power. All the electrical still works but no response from the engine. Some times it will die out like this then come back to life a few seconds later. Other times it will just simply buck. This morning on my way to school it died out and just would not start back up. After getting pushed out of the way i tried starting every 30 secs or so. Finally after sitting for about 5 minutes it fired up and ran flawlessly back to my dorm where i left it for the day. Almost everytime this has happened to me it has occured either going down hill or just after a hill. I just replaced the fuel filter yesterday but that didnt cure it. A few people i know are pointing fingers at water in my fuel but im lost at this point. Any help is appreciated.

So....

*Dies but comes back to life while driving
*Stalls when idling sometimes
*Sometimes wont start back up for a few minutes of trying to re-start
*Sometimes just simply bucks
*Happens almost everytime either going downhill or just after going downhill
*New fuel filter, and Accel plugs, cap, rotor, wires, coil.

This could easily be a CPS.

Back