• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bent

Stallacrew

NAXJA Forum User
I guess this counts as "Modified".

So a few years back, my now parts XJ ran into a stump directly in front of the steering colmn. It has sat ever since but is otherwise in really good condition for an 1989 aside from the slight bow the roof picked up since the wreck. Rather than being flush, there is a 3/8 in gap you can see through above the drivers door.

I want to Chop this jeep for a trail rig so functionality is all I need. How much work/ money would be involved with straightening the bent unibody? better to just find a bare body to put my goodies into?

Mind you this Jeep was MY first vehicle and has some sentimental attachment ( and I wanna show dad I can do this). You cannot tell it's f'ed unless you look at the top door crack.

What do you think?

My good friend's day has a body shop with a frame puller that I could use. He's always let us use the shop for stuff like that and only made us pay for supplies/material since we are supplying the labor.

Could an amatuer do it?

Thanks for your input--Alex

If it's not twisted up too bad and you plan on trailering it then I would just leave it like it is and beat the hell out of it. If you want a nice one then buy a different one.

Trailer it, put in cage, chop complete top, half doors, and go for it.

Back