• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5" w/rear springs not level

Sig Ep Mock

NAXJA Forum User
OK so I installed the RE 3.5 super flex with rear springs and the rear sits noticably higher than the front. Is this normal? and if so will it settle? I have a Hansen front bumper on the way and I'm afraid it's going to make the stinkbug worse. I'll eventually add a rear bumper and tire carrier but for now that's not in my allowance from the wife:looser:

Thanks,

Chris

How long have you been running the rear packs for? Mine took about 600 miles before it settled to where it was staying which is about 4.25" over stock all around.

My RE 3.5SF front sits about 1" lower than the rear after 9 months. Time for a spacer.

Just put it on Saturday. So no real time to settle. I'm more worried it will be worse when I add the front bumper.......so talk the wife into the rear bumper and tire carrier or add a front spacer??? Hmmmmmmm:shhh:

Sig Ep Mock said:
Just put it on Saturday. So no real time to settle. I'm more worried it will be worse when I add the front bumper.......so talk the wife into the rear bumper and tire carrier or add a front spacer??? Hmmmmmmm:shhh:

Quite the delemna on your hands:shhh:

Sig Ep Mock said:
OK so I installed the RE 3.5 super flex with rear springs and the rear sits noticably higher than the front. Is this normal?

Seems to be for Rubican Express... Most will probably tell you to load up the rear with some weight and flex it some, then when it's still stinkbug the sugesstion will be to add a spacer to the front.

I have the same problem with mine. I installed the 4.5"RE lift on my DD in August and added a 1" spacer to the front and it still sets lower in the front.

Need to add the .75" RE spacer in between the coil spring and the factory .50" isolator... that and hauling five or six 50lbs. bags of rock salt for your softwater unit for six months should bring it to about level ± .25".

Remember if you add degree shims to address driveline angles, you'll be adding back an additional .25" to .50" lift to the rear.

That's how the RE 4.5" lift nets ~5.25"... and the 3.5" nets ~4.25".

The other alternatives are re-arc the RE1463's or use custom made Deaver's.

My RE 4.5 are still over 5" and it has been about 1 year. I have towed a 16' trailer and carried crap in the back. Luckily my 4.5" coils are about 5" so it looks COOL! I say add a a spacer after a little while. AND, did you tighten the bolts with the XJ on the ground? If you tightened it on the jack stands it will not settle as much as it tends to bind the bushings a bit.

Brett M said:
I prefer level....but I only get that when I DD. As soon as the Jeep is loaded for a trip....down the rear end goes!

mine dose the same thing. I have the re4.5

Back