• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 6130 4.5" kit ... settling ???

bchulett

NAXJA Member #999
I just ordered a RE 4.5" w/full leaf pack to replace my Rancho system. I'm told the RE 4.5" raises the back the same as the front ... making the rear sit higher ??

After the suspension settles, will the RE system sit level ?

I want it to ultimately sit a little higher in the front ... not the rear.

Should I add a 3/4" spacer up front ?

Thanks for the help.

Mine netted a little over 5" and never settled below that in the 2 years I had it on!

Thanks guys.

Maybe I should just install the RE kit as is with new but stock OEM coil isolators ... then run it for awhile.

Robs:

Thanks for the link to your website ... very informative and well thought out. Your build objectives are essentially what I want to achieve with my XJ. I like what you've done!

Since I'm the original owner and my XJ is in near mint condition, I want to preserve most of the original Jeep appearance ... but also have some fun on the trails.

I ordered the kit with the following components... I'm open to objective advice:

RE 6130
4.5" Coils
OEM Isolator
3.5" Leaf Packs
1.25" Shackle
"Adjustable" LCA's -- Superflex
"Fixed" UCA's
HD Track Bar w/bracket

Anything I should consider or reconsider ... like using,

- "Super-ride" as opposed to "Superflex" arms
- "Fixed" LCA's
- "Adjustable" UCA's

Thanks

I did ... but RE recommended to upgrade to "adjustable" LCA's ... and the HD track bar w/bracket ... so I did.

I was wondering if it would be beneficial to also get adjustable UCA's ? .... and if there's a "big" difference between "super-ride" and "super-flex" arms ? ... other than more noise being transferred through the unibody.

They're probably kitting this thing as we speak ...

Kejtar:

You're practically in my back yard ... I live in Whittier. The U-bolts are on the way too ... after 12 years I found out my XJ has a 8.25" Chrysler ... I thought the damn thing had a Dana 35 all these years. I never really looked at it until now----the FSM doesn't say anything about a 8.25" Chrysler.

Pleasent surprise.

I dont think its that they "lose" them I think they just are to lazy to pick up the heavy stuff.

That's the same mix of parts that I used to make my RE6130 - I'd leave them as you have it right now. The non-adj UCA is the same length as the stock one. Add 0.5" to the LCA measurement when installing the new ones.

Torque the trackbar mount when you install it, because it will be semi-inaccessible after the rest of the lift is in place.

I've already got 1000+ miles on mine and it's sitting level right now; 22" hub center-to-fender on the front and 21.5" in the rear. That's exactly 4.5" over the typical stock measurement.

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/45lift.html - I keep adding details as I think about it.

YuccaMan... can you measure for me the distance from the top of the plate that sits on teh springs (the hold down plate) to the frame where the bumpstop mounts??? I'm trying to decide how much height I got, and I got trimmed fenders and flares....

Thanks
Kejtar

That's an interesting list. I was told that it's better to use a fixed-length LCA, and an adjustable upper arm. It was something about the flexing would actually loosen the locking nut on the lower arm.
Maybe that recommendation was for a drop bracket set-up...:confused:

bchulett said:
I did ... but RE recommended to upgrade to "adjustable" LCA's ... and the HD track bar w/bracket ... so I did.

I was wondering if it would be beneficial to also get adjustable UCA's ? .... and if there's a "big" difference between "super-ride" and "super-flex" arms ? ... other than more noise being transferred through the unibody.

They're probably kitting this thing as we speak ...

There is a big differance in the Super Ride arms and the Super flex arms. all the fixed SR arms do is give you .25" more length. The SF gives you a spherical balljoint at the axle end with much more flex.

also, if not already done, get the slip yoke eliminator kit and cv rear shaft. I did the 4.5" RE lift, the hack & tap SYE kit, rear cv shaft and I have no wobble at all, the jeep is as smooth as it was stock. I never even put in the transfer case lowering kit because I had no vibes. It's definitely worth it!!

Back