• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

checking ride height

thebrick

NAXJA Forum User
What is the proper way/condition to check stock ride height.

I have a 2000 2dr XJ...all stock...have Sensatracs shocks in the front and just installed a set in the rear.

Have 235/75R15 LT all around including spare.

I just measured the ride height here at my work garage...relatively flat with about 3/4 tank of gas.

I'm measuring from center of wheel to bottom of fender flare...90 degrees straight up.

In the front, I'm seeing about 18in on both sides.

In the rear, I'm seeing about 17in on both sides.

I think the rear is okay, do you guys thing the front is a little high?

In all the searched I did on this form and other websites, most state that the stock ride height for XJs 4wd is 17in rear and 17.5in in front...but is the same for all year models of XJs?

thanks.

stock from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the flare is 17.5" up frt and 17" out back

So, should the ride height be check with a full tank of gas...half tank...empty tank?

Or should it matter?

I would think so, given the position of the gas tank relative to the rear axel...

thanks.

Sounds like your measurements are close enough and are just a realtive height index anyway. You know what yours are so just repeat each time you lift. There are always going to be a bit of variation. Don't go rocket scientest and try to pick up 1/4" or 1/2".

Back